To: Advanced Classical Music Students of Central Oregon
Re: Scholarship money available through the Sunriver Music Festival
2021 applications open 2/1/201 through 4/15/2021.
SEE DIRECTIONS FOR APPLYING AT BOTTOM OF THIS LETTER
Students must be:
* A primary resident of Deschutes, Jefferson, Harney, or Crook counties
* Performing at an advanced upper division level (equivalent to Syllabus Level VII or above for piano students)
* Aspiring to major in music at college or conservatory and/or graduate level Masters program
* Plan to pursue a career in classical music
Please read all guidelines available on every screen of the new online application.
Types of scholarships available:
* College level, conservatory tuition, or Masters program - up to $5,000 per year
* Advanced private studies with an approved teacher - up to $2,000 per year
* Approved music camp scholarship to be used the summer of 2021 - up to $2,000
First-time applicants must submit a pre-audition recording by March 16, 2021. It should include two short (less than 5 minutes total) contrasting pieces demonstrating musicianship level. Applicants must use an accompanist if indicated in the music. The pre-audition form must be included with the recording and submitted online. Not all who submit a pre-audition recording will be selected to audition. Students will be notified by email whether or not to submit an application.
The completed application must be submitted online no later than 4:00 p.m. Thursday, April 15, 2021. First-time applicants should submit their pre-audition recording by March 16, 2021 to be screened by committee before being accepted to audition.
DIRECTIONS FOR APPLYING:
* Go to app.getacceptd.com/sunriver
* Click "Sign Up" at the bottom of your screen
* Click "I am an Applicant"
* Follow the instructions on your screen to create your Acceptd profile
* Once logged in, click "Browse Programs" (a green button in the top right hand corner of the page) or "Organization Directory"
* Search for "Sunriver Music Festival"
* Select the "Student Applicant 2021" program from the "Start an Application" drop down menu
From there, you will be able to fill out your application, pay and submit.